Stages ⇒ Timescale ⇒ Website Structure ⇒ Software Features
What are the Benefits of the Software Used?
Strong case for business use...
- Genuine 'Open Source' software (LGPL license)
- common data transfer standard (.csv)
- no vendor / freelancer lock-in
- proven underlying technologies
- php, MySQL, Smarty, jQuery, Zend Framework, Bootstrap
- Five year LTS versions ('Long Term Support')
- because 99% of end users don't like changes!
- Zero 3rd party plugins
- that could stop development, turn paid to monetize, etc.
- 100% Free Software, 100% Free Plugins
- mature software - almost 20 years old!
- active developer community
- up-to-date core technologies to keep it future-proof
- multi-lingual for global use
Users can participate on many levels...
- no programming knowledge necessary
- It is easy to learn and advance quickly
- create and edit internal or external wiki pages (web pages)
- contribute to or admin a Calendar
- create or modify existing databases (Trackers)
- create or modify File Galleries folders i.e. file exchange
- modify existing databases ('Trackers')
- create and edit new databases ('Trackers')
- manage users
- Site settings management
- user and group permissions management
- ADMIN. LEVEL:
- site back-up and maintenance
Trackers (i.e. databases)
A 'blank sheet of paper' to...
- add a web form ('Tracker') to gather data
- or display a report of that data ('Tracker List')
- use it to
- share information
- show a presentation
- create a training manual
- or print-screen help pages
- display a YouTube video or slideshow
Basically, a copy of DropBox...
- the files you need, anytime, any device, any browser
- for exchanging or archiving files
- eliminates the need to set up a separate server to exchange files
News & Articles
For displaying the latest news...
- your official news and articles
- or a casual blog
- re-posting industry articles
- great for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) compliance
COMPREHENSIVE Supporting Modules
Users and Groups
Any level you choose...
- from macro 'global' to granular 'object' permissions
- group level
- users level
- object level (i.e. File Gallery folders, Trackers, etc.)
- view, edit, create, delete, upload/download, etc.
Administration of your site...
- 'Control Panel' to enable & disable major features on your website
- choose to be shown basic, advanced or experimental features
- 'Settings Menu' to configure the features you've enabled
And Much More
Over a 100 internally managed plugins...
- pivot tables
- video conferencing
- polls and surveys
- many small yet powerful plugins like
- Tabs, Fade, Remarks Box, Comments, Mouseover, Slideshow, Button, Tables, Quotes, Smileys, Icons, etc.