Setting up a new project in the cloud is typically broken down into four stages:
This first stage is for architecture design
- Initial designs or drafts of as many parts of a new system as possible.
- This is the result of gathering as much input as possible from all types of potential end users.
- Required: visualization is critical to discover all processes and steps, for this Draw.io is an excellent tool.
- Note: this Alpha stage is not a usable working system.
Next is limited testing
- The first semi-complete system that can be considered usable, but it will still have missing features .
- The main purpose of 'beta' is so that a limited amount of real internal end users test what has been developed to give feedback.
- Note: this level would be too raw to release company wide.
Followed by wide scale testing
- The first real working version that can be used in production by a larger group of users.
- All major issues have been resolved, however, 'refinements' will be necessary such as:
- issues involving the design, i.e. 'Look and Feel'
- additional, minor, end user requests -
Last is the final version
- The final working production version (99% of refinements complete)